U.S. Fitness Industry Leader Has Sponsored Team USA Since 2004
SAN RAMON, CA - March 8, 2016
As the calendar marks less than 150 days until the Rio de Janeiro 2016 Olympic Games, 24 Hour Fitness, a proud sponsor of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and Official Fitness Center Sponsor of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Teams, announced its partnership with “Team 24 Hour Fitness,” five athletes expected to represent Team USA at the Rio Games.
“Our distinguished athletes come from diverse backgrounds. They are each compelling, inspiring and relatable,” stated Mark Smith, Chief Executive Officer, 24 Hour Fitness. “The athletes that make up Team 24 have embarked on the fitness journey of a lifetime and we look forward to sharing their stories with our members in the weeks ahead. It’s moments like this that reaffirm our commitment to helping people – everyday athletes and U.S. Olympic and Paralympic hopefuls alike – reach their fitness goals.”
24 Hour Fitness announces partnership with five Team USA Athletes pictured from left to right: Gwen Jorgensen, Cortney Jordan, Alysia Montaño, Conor Dwyer and Lex Gillette.
Members of Team 24 Hour Fitness include:
- Conor Dwyer, an elite swimmer and Olympic gold medalist participating in individual and relay events. Dwyer won a gold medal as a member of the winning U.S. 4×200-meter freestyle relay team at the London 2012 Olympic Games. In total, he has won 14 medals in major international competitions.
- Gwen Jorgensen, a two-time world champion triathlete and the only U.S. woman to win back-to-back elite world titles in triathlon. She holds the women’s record for career ITU World Triathlon Series (WTS) wins with 15, and she has won every race she has started since May 2014 for 12 consecutive wins on the WTS circuit. In 2015 Jorgensen became the first triathlete —man or woman—to complete an undefeated season.
- Alysia Montaño, a middle distance runner and seven-time U.S. outdoor national champion. She has represented the United States at numerous international championships including the London 2012 Olympic Games. She distinguishes herself by wearing a flower in her hair while running, a personal affectation she adopted to celebrate her femininity while training.
- Lex Gillette, one of the top visually-impaired long jumpers in the world, winning the silver medal at the 2004, 2008 and 2012 Paralympic Games. He is the current world record holder in the F11 men's long jump and is the only completely blind athlete in the world to eclipse the 22-foot barrier in the long jump.
- Cortney Jordan, a two-time U.S. Paralympic swimmer with medals from both the 2008 and 2012 Paralympic Games. Jordan won eight Paralympic medals in her classification: one gold medal (50 meter freestyle), five silver medals (50m freestyle, 100m freestyle-twice, 400m freestyle-twice) and two bronze medals (100m backstroke, 200m individual medley).
Since 2004, 24 Hour Fitness has proudly partnered with the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Teams to support Team USA’s top competitors as they work tirelessly to bring home the gold. More than 100,000 athletes have passed through the Olympic Training Centers and utilized equipment provided by 24 Hour Fitness in their quest to compete at the Games. 24 Hour Fitness also helped design and outfit the High-Performance Training Centers (HPTC) in London in 2012 and Beijing in 2008, and this dedication continues with the HPTC at the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The Team USA relationship will provide 24 Hour Fitness® club members and team members alike with opportunities to engage with the athletes and the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games:
- Train Like an Olympian and Paralympian: 24 Hour Fitness will introduce members to the five athletes of “Team 24” with exclusive athlete workouts available in clubs this summer.
- Enter to Win the “Share The Gold” Sweepstakes: During the sweepstakes entry period of March 15-April 15, 2016, any new member who joins 24 Hour Fitness, or existing member who refers a friend, will be automatically entered into the sweepstakes. The grand prize giveaway will be awarded to four members. Each prize includes round trip airfare for two to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, four-night stay in four-star accommodations, tickets to a variety of Olympic events and special “behind-the-scenes” unforgettable experiences only available to the Team USA athletes and VIPs.
- Behind-the-Scenes: The 24Life™ magazine will bring the stories of the Team 24 Hour Fitness athletes to life with behind-the-scenes insights into the delicate balance of professional and family commitments that similarly challenge each of us daily. Alysia Montaño is profiled in the next 24Life cover story as she reflects on her “Road to Rio.” Visit: 24Life.com
- The View Inside: 24 Hour Fitness helps to design and outfit the High Performance Training Center at the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games and will provide the expertise to staff it as well. More than 700 employees of 24 Hour Fitness from throughout the U.S. have applied for the honor of serving the athletes as Fitness Ambassadors, of which 18 candidates will be selected. Their “view from the inside,” will be shared through 24Life media channels for members to enjoy.
About 24 Hour Fitness
Headquartered in San Ramon, Calif., 24 Hour Fitness is a leading health club industry pioneer, serving nearly 4 million members in 450 clubs across the U.S. For more than 30 years, the company has been dedicated to helping members change their lives and reach their individual fitness goals. With convenient club locations, personal training services, popular group exercise classes and a variety of strength, cardio and functional training equipment, 24 Hour Fitness offers fitness solutions for everyone.
Please visit 24hourfitness.com for more information and to find the club nearest you.